Re: mkisofs

>> The ISO image read of the CD is probably a sector or two
>> too long. If you know the correct size then you can just do

I would think that the image created with dd is a few bytes (less than
a sector) too small, because dd reads until it runs out of useful data,
but the cd consists of 2k-sectors, the last one is padded with zeroes
until it´s full. At least that´s what the "-pad"-option in cdrecord is
for...

So I´d try `dd if=dev/scd0 of=bla.iso ibs=2048 obs=2048 sync`,
out of `man dd`:
       sync   pad every input block with NULs to ibs-size

Or is there an error in my knowledge?

cheers,
&rw
--
/  Ing. Robert Waldner  | Network Engineer | T: +43 1 89933  F: x533 \
\ <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> |    KPNQwest/AT   | Diefenbachg. 35, A-1150 /