Re: Question

My understanding is that the CD images ARE infact available, but just not
easy to find. However, I found a wonderful 'oem' (if that slides) link
that points to a list of mirrors with the file available.

http://cdimage.debian.org/ftp-mirrors.html is something to check out for
the .iso images.

As far as what you need to do with the disks directory, I couldn't tell
you from memory. I know it involves using the RAWWRITE.EXE utility in a
DOSish environment, but I just don't recall. :)

-ph

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Ray Woodcock wrote:

> http://cdimage.debian.org/faq.html says this:
>
> -?- How can I get the CD images of the Debian CDs?
> -!- Please refer to <http://cdimage.debian.org/>.
>
> At http://cdimage.debian.org/, I select the option leading to
> http://cdimage.debian.org/ch11.html.  This tells me that I don't need CD
> images; that I can get by with much less.  I'm glad to hear this.  The part
> I don't know, however, is what to do with the /dists/stable/main/disks-XXXX/
> directory once I've downloaded it.  May I suggest adding a link to this page
> to tell me the next step?
> Although they've talked me out of downloading a CD's worth of stuff, I did
> begin by wanting to create a bootable CD, and I'm still hoping I can do that
> with the disks-XXXX directory that I'm downloading.  According to
> http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html, a
> bootable CD would be the best option.
> I'm familiar with the process of creating a bootable ISO CD in Easy CD
> Creator under Win98; what I don't know is what I'll insert when Easy CD
> Creator tells me to insert a bootable floppy.

|            John Hansen            |
|       853 W. Buckingham Pl.       |
|      Chicago, Illinois 60657      |
|      E-Mail: phenom@wwti.com      |