Re: Final ISO of correct size BUT incorrect MD5SUM

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000, Ricardo Dias Marques wrote:

[snip rant ;-)]

> After some minutes, I got the "99% error message,

> So, I ran md5sum again... and this time it checked!

Yeah, that 99%-error is a weird (known) bug in rsync. If the MD5 matches, the
image is correct.

> By the way, the /install/doc file has the working documentation in HTML, but
> the /doc/install has more or less the same filenames, but all of its files
> have 0 bytes.

These are symbolic links, something like Windows' shortcuts -- but these only
work from Linux (and vice versa ;-)

> Maybe this "99% error message problem-and-solution" (change block size to
> 20000, and don't bother if md5sum checks alright) could be added to the
> online FAQ http://cdimage.debian.org/faq.html and also to the README file?

There is some documentation already, but maybe not easily visible. I'll think
about it when releasing the next version of the Kit (which "should really" be
done "sometime soon"...).

Regards, and thanks for reporting back,

  Anne Bezemer