Re: Extra non-free support... please test !

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 01:08:13PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

>Le Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 02:46:00AM +0100, Steve McIntyre écrivait:
>> Hmm, we have a problem with this - the Packages.cd files won't work if
>> the CD#1s are different...
>
>:-( You're right. And of course we have the same problem with EXTRANONFREE
>since non-free packages will be listed in the Packages.cd files from
>CD 1,2,3 and the user may not have the fourth CD...

That's not an issue - the Packages.cd files on 1,2,3 don't mention
4. It's just the other way.

>If only we could drop support for dpkg-multicd ... what do people think ?
>Is there anyone still using dpkg-multicd ?

Unfortunately, I think we have to continue with it. I was going to
suggest dropping it myself, but we can probably guarantee that people
are going to use it to upgrade from slink systems.

My best suggestion for what I'm working on is to not mention the
non-US bits in the Packages.cd files - people wanting non-US updates
will have to go the apt route. For non-free we're OK I believe. What
do people think?

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
Also available from stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk