Re: out of date info on http://cdimage.debian.org/ch32.html

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Othmar Pasteka wrote:
>
> > btw. is the web content also mirror able?
> > so that http://cdimage.at.debian.org/ also has the webcontent?
> > (other than redirecting the url).
>
> wget --mirror
>
> (And since it's <200kB you can also just wget all of it again each night ;-)
> (That of course also means that not much bandwidth is saved by mirroring,
> which seems to make it quite pointless.)

Removing a single point of failure? I know this was a problem when potato
was released, cdimage.debian.org was hard to get webpages from.

Btw, our mirror is up-to-date again. We had some problems with rsync, it
seemed to want to mirror two sets of images, then making hardlinks. And we
didn't have enough space for that. After some manual syncing and linking
it seems to work just fine. (We are syncing from trumpetti.atm.tut.fi.)

/Mattias Wadenstein - admin of ftp.se.debian.org