Making CD with small Debian subset

Hi,

as a supplement to my new book, I'd like to include a subset of Debian
potato on a bootable CD. I have a local mirror and can write on the
mirror FS, so using debian-cd seems to be the canonical way.

I have made my own task file (not a task package, but a task file like
the potato task files that come with debian-cd) including my own
packages. I now have a couple of questions.

(1)
Does debian-cd take care of dependencies when building CDs from a task
file? Or do I have to do that manually?

(2)
Is it a problem when a package is listed multiple times in the task
file?

(3)
Debian-cd seems to build souce and binary CDs. Both images are about
300 MB, so they should comfortably fit on a single CD. Does debian-cd
natively support that, or can I manually copy the source links that
are built in the tmp directory to the binary CD before doing "make
md5list"? Will that yield an aptable repository for both source and
binary?

(4)
Should I include the .deb files for the packages that are included in
the base.tgz file? Or is this done automatically?

(5)
I'd like to include some additional files (like kernel sources for
2.2.17 final, and 2.4.0test-9 including iptables, new util-linux and
new modutils) outside the canonical debian directory tree. Can I do so
before "make md5list" without breaking debian?

Any hints will be appreciated, thanks.

Greetings
Marc