Re: error rsyncing debian iso

I got this answer:

----- Original Message -----
From: "J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl>
To: "Jens Müller" <jens@unfaehig.de>
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 1:52 PM
Subject: Re: error rsyncing debian iso

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, [iso-8859-1] Jens Müller wrote:

> > i have successfully created a bootable cd for disk 1 of the debian
package
> using the new pseudo-image software package.
> >
> > however, when i try to create the second disk, i continually run into
this
> error:
> >
> > binary-i386-2.iso
> > 672940032 (99%)
> > ERROR: file corruption in binary-i386-2.iso. File changed during
transfer?

> > Total file size: 672960512 bytes
> > Total transferred file size: 672960512 bytes
> >
> I don't know what it means, but it seems to be unimportant. Just check
with
> md5sum, and if it's correct, go ahead.

Quite so; rsync is known to behave strangely sometimes.

However, if the md5sum is _not_ correct, that means your image is slightly
incorrect and the "default" rsync command won't fix it. The solution for
that
problem is easy: use a different --block-size, for example 20000 or 123456.
(I've yet got to hear a case in which that doesn't fix it ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer