Mac-based burning

Burning an ISO CD from Toast under Mac OS works fine.  You can even mount
the image, like you can on Linux using the loopback driver.  (Mac and
Linux are _both_ capable, sophisticated OSs, nothing like Microsloth).

You are probably safe merely from having downloaded the file with its
'.iso' extension, but if you want to be extra-safe, give it the creator
code of 'CDr3' (for Toast 3.x, I assume 'CDr4' for the new 4.x, but I`m
not sure), and the type code of 'iImg' using your favorite Mac utility
which can do such things (mine is FileTyper).

Those steps are not really required, but they will let you double-click
on the file in the Finder and have it open in Toast, as opposed to having
to do a drag-and-drop, or, alternatively, 'File/Open' (how quaint!)
operation to open the file in the right program.

I hope this info is useful to you, especially for those looking to try
Debian/PowerPC.

Regards,

Abe