Re: Debian CD images (2.2 aka "Potato") -- important mirroring information

On Sat, Aug 12, 2000 at 12:25:01PM -0000, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> This semi-automatic message regards the mirror of the Debian GNU/Linux CD
> images at
>
>   FTP:    ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/mirror/debian-cd/slink/
>   HTTP:   http://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/mirror/debian-cd/slink/
>   Rsync:  ftp.rfc822.org::publicftp/mirror/debian-cd/slink/
>
> for which our database indicates you are responsible. If you don't know
> what this is all about, or want this message to be directed to another
> e-mail address, please tell me immediately so I can update the database.

Hi,
i really tried hard to get all images together to offer cpu, bandwith
and storage to the community - But i have not the time
to search for images possibly someone got out of cdimage.debian.org
in a lucky moment of getting a connect.

"debcdmirror" is definitly the right choice, but contacting the
mirror maintainers 24hours prior to usage, without ability to test
it and with non-real-world proof algorithms (Maxed out connections
drop of images) is also not really a good issue. This also
forces people to take spare time in this exact moment which is
a force on people which stops them from contributing back to the
debian project.

As mirrors dont seem to have priority i send you the notice that
i stopped mirroring, removed the small and incomplete number of
cd-images from the public area and deleted the rsync target.

Please remove me from the list of cd-image mirrors as the only thing i dont
have in respect to offering resources back to the community is spare time.

So long

Flo
BTW: Do to missing real release cd images i see a lot people getting test-cyle-2
and slink iso images which will be very confusing for the supporters on all support
channels.
--
Florian Lohoff		flo@rfc822.org		      	+49-5201-669912
     "If you're not having fun right now, you're wasting your time."