Re: .raw naming

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> The problem is that we ask CD vendors to sell stable, aka slink, not potato.
>
> If it is worth to provide CD images at all, it should be worth to keep
> them as bug free as the FTP archive itself as well.

I agree, but I decided a while back that the CD images should reflect
the archive as closely as possible, and so rather than patch it up to
make it consistent enough to make CDs from it, report a bug and wait
for it to be fixed, before making the CDs.

Perhaps that decision is wrong, but until we decide differently, or
until the archive is put in a state where you can make CDs from it,
there will be no more slink CDs.

Any vendor that decided to burn 2.1 r6 CDs at this point would find
that they couldn't sell them anyway, so producing them would actually
be rather futile.

Cheers, Phil.