Re: Official TC3 powerpc image #1 seems small

"J.A. Bezemer" <costar@panic.et.tudelft.nl> writes:

> On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Jim Westveer wrote:
>
> > I just noticed that the Official TC3 powerpc image #1 seems
> > quite small.
> >
> >  585216000 Jul 30 12:37 potato-powerpc-1.raw
>
> I don't know about the "officialness" of these images; previously only a
> "half" (?) powerpc binary-1 was available due to lack of disk space. Also at
> the moment there's no non-US variant, no MD5SUMS and no .list files. Phil?

Hm, damn!

Looks like that run failed (the script file just stops in the middle
of the #3 file creation list, so I'm pretty dubious about that as well
as CD#1) --- I'll do another lot from scratch, and see how it gets on.

Sorry about that.

It looks like the limit on the CD#1 my be a little small:

  CD 1 filled with 460977908 bytes ... (limit was 461373440)

which seems to be a result of the BOOT_SIZE_1=120 in

  tools/boot/potato/boot-powerpc.calc

being rather too large?  Where does that number come from?

I'm going to set it to 25 instead, and see how that comes out.

Presumably this discrepancy is down to the fact that large chunks of
tools/boot/potato/boot-powerpc have been commented out.

It _might_ be nice if whoever looks after boot-powerpc were to keep
boot-powerpc.calc in sync with changes they make.  ;-)

New images can be expected to start appearing in the next hour or so.

Cheers, Phil.