Re: Updated forcd1

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Ben Collins wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 11:38:25AM +0200, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> >
> > > With my recently aquired write access to boot-floppies CVS (mainly for
> > > release-notes, install manual) I took the liberty of updating forcd1.
> >
> > I also added aptitude and gnome-apt to forcd1.
> >
> > And while I was on it, I also updated the README.html.in.
> >
> > Raphael: I suppose this should go in debian/changelog; I'll be happy to put it
> > there, but I think you need to add a version 2.2.2 section there, first.
>
> I honestly think you need to post things like this to the list before
> actually doing them. Considering that your *special* access was granted
> for a sole purpose, for you to take liberties outside that priviledge is
> disturbing, to me atleast.

forcd1: When we discussed kernel-source not long ago, Raphael said that anyone
could commit such little changes. When I saw it hadn't been done yet, I did
it myself.

README: I'm the author, and Raphael has been committing my unmodified
versions. It saves some work & delay if I do it myself instead.

The rest: don't worry, I barely understand how things work, let alone that I
would be modifying anything on my own.

And then, it's CVS, so anyone can see what I changed and why, and undo/modify
my changes if necessary. (CVS has so many useful features that so few people
use...)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer