Re: local packages

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> I need to make a debian cd that has some locally built packages on it.
> It If use $MIRROR/dists/$CODENAME/local/binary-$ARCH/<section> like the
> debian-cd docs tell me to, will the local packages be in the Packages
> files and installable by apt?

I have found that if the "local" directory is placed with contrib, main
etc and has the same file structure as main (but not that of non-US)  then
is goes onto the CD and is recognised by apt-cdrom when the CDs are
scanned.  A symlink works.  For some reason I have not been able to get my
local sources onto the CD, but that does not worry me too much.

An override-local file is needed as is a properly constructed Packages
file built with dpkg-scanpackages.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818