Re: potato CD images

On Fri, 16 Jun 2000, jason andrade wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jun 2000, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
>
> > > we have the i386, alpha, sparc and source images.. i am
> > > adding m68k and powerpc over the next few days - it takes
> > > around 2 days to transfer 3 cd images.
> >
> > Uh? With the Pseudo-Image Kit and a nearby packages mirror I can get at least
> > one image per hour...
>
> does the pseudo-image kit run on sun solaris 2.6 ? i heard a rumour
> that someone had it working but am waiting for email from them with
> a tarkit.

AFAIK it runs almost-out-of-the-box, but you maybe need to have some GNU utils
installed. See http://cdimage.debian.org/~costar/pseudo-image-kit/ , esp. the
last two `Notes'.

> we're a full debian mirror here.

Excellent; my top rating for a local packages mirror is 1 image every 20
minutes. With <10 MB network traffic, the main bottleneck is the harddrive ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer