Re: Non-US patches for debian-cd almost ready

On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 12:59:19PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

>Le Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 09:29:35PM +0100, Steve McIntyre écrivait:
>>    I'd expect people using the FORCENONUSONCD1 option either to not
>>    use non-free at all, or to use the EXTRANONFREE option. Then we get
>>    the non-free non-US stuff on CD4_NONUS, which works exactly as I
>>    was aiming for. I don't foresee any problems with NONFREE and
>>    FORCENONUSONCD1, but I haven't done extensive testing.
>
>Why do you expect that ? I don't see any problem at all with NONFREE and
>FORCENONUSCD1 beeing set at the same time ... at least I haven't seen one
>at the first reading of your patch ...

Exactly. I don't see any problems myself, but I'd expect that if
people are going to the effort with FORCENONUSONCD1 to reduce the
number of images, they'll either not do nonfree at all or will go for
the separate disks approcah too.

>> 4. For the sake of making script-writing easy, I've moved the
>>    generated CD trees from $CDDIR/[1234] to $CDDIR/CD[1234]
>>    consistently.
>
>I don't see what you gained but anyway it's not a problem.

It means "CD*" is guaranteed to be a directory. I can't remember
exactly where I use it, but it seemed useful at the time.

>> should be able to submit a diff in ~20 minutes, then if nobody has any
>> major problems I'll be ready to check in.
>
>Please, correct the problems that I submitted you in the other mail and
>always (well not always but for major changes) wait my acknowledgement
>for changes other than arch-specific stuff (boot-*, post-boot-*).

OK, fine. Don't panic, I'm not going to check in potentially broken
changes without some feedback first...

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,