Re: Bilow autobuilder cannot build ISO images

On 2000-06-09 at 11:11 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Did you recently install apt 0.3.19 ? Maybe its behaviour has changed with
> this version ... unfortunately I can't test much here ...

The autobuild machine is still running apt 0.3.18 and has not changed
recently.  As I explained in a subsequent message, the problem cleared up
once I realized that something was going wrong in the mirroring process.
Unfortunately, since I switched our upstream mirror source temporarily to
MASTER.OPENSOURCE.CAPTECH.COM instead of DOWNLOAD.SOURCEFORGE.NET, the
problem has gone away and can no longer be diagnosed further.  It seems
reasonable that debian-cd would fail in strange ways if the unhderlying
mirror is corrupted, but the error messages were rather mysterious.

I am in the process of upgrading the autobuild machine to current Potato
as it has been running slightly behind (dpkg 1.6.12.99 to 1.6.13, ldso
1.9.11-8 to 1.9.11.9, apt 0.3.18 to 0.3.19, etc.) and we should be on the
latest versions if we want to make sense of anomalous events.  If anything
blows up on us now, you will probably be able to guess why.

-- Mike