Re: Attempted upgrade from 1.3.1

Ran into a rebooting problem with my upgraded 1.3.1 system.  I then
discovered that "update-modules --force" had to be run before rebooting.

Another problem emerged, the line that mounts the cdrom in fstab needs to
be "/dev/hdc /cdrom iso9660 ro,noauto,usr,unhide"  or some-such otherwise
the mounting of the cdroms fails halfway through the installation.

I got an upgrade working nicely with a new stock kernel installed as the
final step.  I plan to put all the pieces together and modify my CD
upgrade cook-book tomorrow.

tetex failed to upgrade.  My no. 2 system boots 1.3.1 sloooooowly.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818