Re: test-cycle-1 CD's debian-cd diff

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Fri, May 26, 2000 at 09:23:36AM +0100, Philip Hands écrivait:

**cut

> >   I added Philip Charles' first CD "needed" list, and added ssh &
> >   gnupg to it, and put an inclusion for it into the tasks list above
> >   the language tasks.  Does that seem like the right place to put it?
>
> Yes but I still wonder why this list is needed. What were the criteria
> for selecting those packages on CD1 ? debian-cd should garanty the
> consistency of CDs wrt to dependencies ... if it doesn't for some packages
> then it's a bug !

It is not a bug, but designed to avoid disc swapping when the complete set
has been scanned.  If only the first disc is scanned then everything works
still.

This was worked out in two stages, installing all the task-* meta packages
and then letting dselect do its thing without any further selection -
which is quite a lot.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818