Re: Please help

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Derek Doucette wrote:

> I am trying to make a pseudo image disk and whenever I try to get it I get
> the following error message:
>
> C:\DEREK'S>make-pseudo-image binary-i386-1.list
> ftp://rsync.kernel.org::mirrors/debian-cd/
> bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
>        -2.02$
>
> What does this mean, I have tried a few different servers and I have also
> created a directory named tmp in my folder.

It seems to me that you are a bit confused by the _two_ separate mirrors that
you have to use. For make-pseudo-image, you have to use a normal Debian
`packages' mirror, as listed on
  http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist
So you should use a command like
  make-pseudo-image binary-i386-1.list ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian

Then, AFTER this is done, with the _rsync_ command, you use the _rsync_ server
  rsync.kernel.org::mirrors/debian-cd/<something more here>
(no `ftp://' here!)

This is supposed to be explaned in the README, so I suggest you read that
(again). If you still encounter problems, feel free to contact me.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer