Re: architectures, mkhybrid/mkisofs, mk* parameters, joliet fs ?

Joliet should be enabled in sparc.

 On 8 Feb 2000 I wrote When using  the Pseudo-Image Kit version 2 under Windoze (Windows 98) and trying to rsync I had lots of problems.
On investigation. the current binary-sparc-1.list downloaded from ftp.kernel.org did not match the CD's (official ?). I am not sure if
the rsync program is case sensitive, but the CD's have all directories starting with Upper Case, the file list lower case. The directories on
 the CD's show under Main, Binary-a , Binary-s, and Disks-sp instead of Binary-all, Binary-sparc, and Disks-sparc.
As an experiment I tried renaming some of the local files to what is on the  binary-sparc-1.list and I received a lot less warnings and "files not found".
The make-pseudo-image appears to be case sensitive and does not use the translation tables.

On 9 Feb 2000 Anne Bezemer replied:

I did some more investigation, and it appears that the Sparc CDs are the only
ones without Joliet (=long filenames for Win). So you get the DOS (8.3) names
which obviously don't match the .list files.

Phil (if you're looking ;-) : this should be corrected before 2.1_r5.

Peter Myers