Re: architectures, mkhybrid/mkisofs, mk* parameters, joliet fs ?

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Peter Myers wrote:

> Joliet should be enabled in sparc.
>
>  On 8 Feb 2000 I wrote When using  the Pseudo-Image Kit version 2 under
> Windoze (Windows 98) and trying to rsync I had lots of problems.
> On investigation. the current binary-sparc-1.list downloaded from
> ftp.kernel.org did not match the CD's (official ?). I am not sure if
> the rsync program is case sensitive, but the CD's have all directories
> starting with Upper Case, the file list lower case. The directories on
>  the CD's show under Main, Binary-a , Binary-s, and Disks-sp instead of
> Binary-all, Binary-sparc, and Disks-sparc.
> As an experiment I tried renaming some of the local files to what is on
> the  binary-sparc-1.list and I received a lot less warnings and "files
> not found".

Explanation for people who wonder: the .list files are generated from the
RockRidge info on the disks, and as such they match the (long) filenames on
the FTP sites.

However, Peter tried to use a previous CD version to get all the files that
hadn't changed (saves a lot of network traffic), but that didn't work because
on the Sparc CDs (when used from Windows), only 8.3 names appear.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer