RE: 2.1r5 Master file

On 07-Mar-2000 Philip Charles wrote:
> I notce that 2.1r5 is out with new boot-disks and there are quite a few
> changes.  I suspect that this means that there will have to be a new
> "master" file to build the CDs.
>
> However, the boot-disk.deb and boot-disks source are still the old ones.
> I have also checked cvs and there is no new "master" file there either.
>
> It is possible to constuct this file from the boot-disks themselves, but
> this is a laborious task prone to errors.
>
> Does anyone know where this "master" file is available?

Phil.

Humm, a 'mistery' release eh.  I spent some time searching
cvs looking for the same thing, and came up blank.

I have not yet tried to build 2.1r5 with the old debian-cd

but

The boot the boot floppies in the archive are:
2.1.12-1999-12-09    and
2.1.9-1999-03-03     which were the same ones that were
in the archive in December 1999....only the dates of the
directories have changed (for some reason).

Still, the packages in the archive have changed,
and will require changes to master or useful.

I will give it a try a bit later in the week, and let ya
know what I come up with.

[jim starts searching for disk space...]

Ciao,

--
Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
"Brother," said Pooh as he struggled with sendmail.cf.