Re: debian-cd: Makefile shell commands

Le Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 12:46:18AM +0100, Andreas Jellinghaus écrivait:
> i found the longer snippets of shell commands in the Makefile very
> bad for debugging. So i offer to extract every single of them into
> a small shell script, which might be easier to debug (since you
> can run it with "sh -x" and it gives a real line number where the
> problem is).
>
> do you like this idea ? wonŽt do it, if everbody hates it.

I don't think it will gain us that much. We'll only have many
small shell scripts. Most of the shell in the Makefile isn't that
complicated and some are invocation of perl oneliners (you won't gain
anything for those) ... the more complicated scripts are already in
tools/*.

BTW, why do you need to debug debian-cd ? Are you experiencing troubles ?

Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CD Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd
      Formations Linux et logiciels libres : http://www.logidee.com </pub>