Re: Proposed directory structure for the installation "disks"

Anne's proposal is very nice, though at this point I'm a little unsure
whether links are OK for the CD.

It offers "one-stop shopping:" you pick your flavor and then media, go to
the directory, and get everything you need.

It has a consistent organizing principle, namely only flavors at the top
level, and only media below that.  I only proposed media and then flavors
because I thought it was more consistent with current arrangements.  The
flavor first, then media order seems better because it makes life easier
for people who switch media at different steps of the install process--I
assume they have to keep the files in line with each other.

It has a great start on a readme, particularly the table at the bottom.  Of
course, those in the know need to review it.

Quibbles:

I wouldn't have separate directories for harddisk, network and cdrom, even
if they are just links to the same thing.  I think we should pick one name
that seems best, and explain it in the readme.  I assumed that people using
networks or CD's would be able to figure out they could use harddisk, but a
more general name would be better.  Some possibilities: big, unrestricted,
unlimited (hmm.. not so good for 8.3), large, disks-9.99, disks.big.  After
all, there are zip drives, super diskettes, and other technologies now or
in the future. Trying to name all the media/methods which are unrestricted
by size is starting down a path which could get out of control--if having 3
links isn't already out of control! :)

P.S. Anne, thanks for helping me out about your name, and thanks for not
taking offence.