Re: Proposed directory structure for the installation "disks"

    Ross> On another point (Karl's): if you click on install.bat in windows explorer,
    Ross> I'm pretty sure the file runs in that directory.

 Ok.  The `install.bat' scripts all need to have relative paths to
 `loadlin.exe' in them, as well as correct relative paths to the right
 `root.bin' image.  Does ".." work on DOS like it does on Linux?  I
 hope so...

    Ross> I think (but I'm not absolutely sure) that the top level flavor directories
    Ross> in Karl's scheme all belong under hard-drive/ in my scheme, along with
    Ross> /dosutils/loadlin.exe and the files listed under common/ (again, not sure,
    Ross> but aren't they just for hard disk based install?  isn't it built into the
    Ross> diskette images for the other methods?).

 Those files are used for network (HTTP), CD-ROM, NFS, and mounted
 filesystem installs.  I don't think we need to make a "hard-disk"
 directory.  It doesn't make sense; it seems redundant.  No one is
 going to take an image from under there and `rawrite' or `dd' it to a
 "hard-disk".

    Ross> Anyway, my confusion illustrates my point (!).  It needs to be crystal
    Ross> clear, hopefully even to people who don't RTFM, which files they need to
    Ross> get.  Karl's proposed top-level scheme mixes 2 principles: flavors and disk
    Ross> sizes.

 The images are for floppy installs.  There is a subdirectory for each
 sized disk that we make images for, and a subdirectory under each of
 them for the images of that size for each flavor.  At the toplevel of
 $current, there is the "base2_2.tgz" and a subdirectory for the
 drivers.tgz etc. for each flavor.

 Do you want the images directories under the flavor directories
 instead, like this?  What does everyone else think?  Does it seem
 more organized or more intuitive this way, or the other way?

 base2_2.tgz
 standard/
   drivers.tgz
   root.bin    # Only if we can't have one root.bin for ALL flavors.
   linux
   install.bat
   images-1.20/
   images-1.44/