Re: Debian CD-image

Anne and Peter:

Thanks for the fast replies. I guess I forgot to say I am using the Pseudo-Image
Kit version 2 under Windoze, Windows 98, PIII 600, SCSI everything.
As an experiment I tried renaming some of the local files to what is on the
binary-sparc-1.list and I received a lot less warnings and "files not found".
The make-pseudo-image appears to be case sensitive and does not use the
translation tables.

I followed your suggestion to use the  2.1r2 image as pseudo-image, and just skip
make-pseudo-image. I could not get this to work
My note about one file at a time using "make-pseudo-image binary-sparc-1.list
ftp://kernel.org/pub/mirrors/debian
follows the note shown when starting make-pseudo-image about rsync being modified
to handle only one file at a time. Perhaps the rsync program in Windoze could
have an option for number of files to transferee at a time. I often download 10+
files at a time with no lose in speed.
I am currently trying rsync again to use a ftp site to retrieve the files. It is
very slow compared to a straight ftp.

Any help would and is most appreciated. Thanks

Peter Myers