small bootable CD-image, why not?

I may have missed it but....

I do understand bandwidth wasting of having CD images of full distribution for download.  But I also realize bandwidth waste of "rsync" or "wgets" entire debian tree locally by cheap bustard hobbyist like me.

Realistic offer for them is not to create base system floppies but small bootable cd image.  It should be only 20-40MB.  (I personally played it with limited success)

http://cdimage.debian.org/  tells me go buy CD.  I do not think this is kind.

Of course installation program needs to be modifies so default download sites are easily selectable and offers random one as first choice.  Otherwise everyone use main site.

Osamu Aoki
http://home.pacbell.net/aoki/