Re: How is it decided what packages go on what CD?

Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Mon, Dec 27, 1999 at 11:18:30PM +0000, Philip Charles écrivait:
> > Is this list based on the boot-floppies
> > .../scripts/basedisks/newtasks/tasks-*.ctl files?
>
> No it should be based on the popularity-contest ... Martijn can you give
> me a raw list of packages sorted by popularity (without dependency
> checking since I already do it in debian-cd) ?

This list I gave is sorted by popularity but it also has dependency
checking, so if task-* is on the first CD, then all it's dependencies
will be also, if you take all the preceding packages in the list.

It currently pays no attention to Suggests or Recommends.

Martijn