Re: How is it decided what packages go on what CD?

On Tue, 28 Dec 1999, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> No it should be based on the popularity-contest ... Martijn can you give
> me a raw list of packages sorted by popularity (without dependency
> checking since I already do it in debian-cd) ?
>

> Don't you understand that we already include all the possible packages
> listed in task-* packages in the first CD ? If you don't know why, check
> tasks/Debian_potato in the debian-cd tree.

Sorry, I didn't realise that it was both/and.  tasks/potato is very empty.

The multiple disks-i386 sets problem mentioned by Jim.  boot-i386 has a
hack that should solve it (slink-cd).  Starting line 47.  I am off on my
summer holidays in a few hours so I can't work on it.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 488 2818
Mobile 025 267 9420.  I sell GNU/Linux CDs.  See http://www.copyleft.co.nz