Re: >> direct ftp access to cd images <<

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999, Peter Bartosch wrote:

> > Please refer to
> >
> >   http://cdimage.debian.org
> >
> > for the best way to get them, and a list of mirrors.
>
> where can i get some .lists -files for potato ?

AFAIK, there are none. There aren't any "official" potato test-images either.
IIRC there is some stuff on ftp.kando.hu and the mirror in Spain.

You can "easily" make the .list files yourself: get the first ~2 MB of the
image by normal FTP, then use pi-makelist (only in the *UX package & read the
README). Then you can generate a pseudo-image and use rsync to patch it to
the one available. But let me warn you: potato is changing a lot these days,
so rsync might very well generate lots of network traffic.

Hmmm... I should setup a webpage for this. Some time...

Anyone here who knows other possible sources for potato images?

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer