Re: debian-cd updated (was Re: Thoughts on potato etc.)

Le Thu, Nov 11, 1999 at 04:16:39PM -0500, Adam Di Carlo écrivait:
> Done. I didn't rename the old area but rather removed the old files
> and imported the new files.  I did a diff against the pkg and the only
> significant difference is that the import dropped a master.old file
> (due to it's suffix).

That's ok, thanks.

> Ok -- can you tell me what is the status of debian-cd?

Well, for i386 it's quite up-to-date, I've just committed changes
to use the new boot disks. But I did not yet test the changes ...

But for the other arches, I need the help of the porters ... hint, hint
for people listening here on debian-cd. Feel free to commit corrected
boot-$arch file in debian-cd/tools/boot/potato/ ...

> Why does it include the obsolete tasks/profiles information ?

For generating slink CDs. And it was also used to generate potato CD
until 5 minutes ago. Now the list of packages to include is no more
read from the master file ... in fact the packages that are included
are the task-* ones, the dependent packages will be automatically
pulled in. The standard system is also always included.

Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CD Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>