Re: Debian CD mirror on kernel.org

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> I'm building a Debian CD mirror on kernel.org.  However, I'm unable to
> use the pseudo-image-kit because it requires way too much manual
> intervention.

> What I'd really like to see is something like this:

For the record I have been cooking something up like this, but for some
reason my time resently has been occupied in other ways :| The program I
have designed is a complete replacement for all the steps below and
because of that it solves a number of the performance problems. So it
would be possible to do exactly what you are after.

If it ever gets finished is an open question :>

But yes, there are huge problems with the current way the CD images are
mirrored, and there is no existing pre-rolled solution that is ideal for
widespread use.

Jason