Re: Prices for licenses

Eleonore Borchert <EBorchert@odn.de> writes:

[...]
> - WEB-server /FTP-server
> - network protocols as TCP/IP, IPX, NETBEUI
> - a database (similiar to MS-ACCESS)
> - remote administration for this system via ISDN
>
> So I need the following informations:
> - which components do I need?
> - what is the price for one license, when I produce some hundreds or
> thousands of such products?

All software in the official distribution of Debian are covered by a
"free license" (in the sense of free speech).

So have a look at the
Artistic License, The Gnu Public License, The BSD License and the
LGPL (these are the most common licenses used in Debian).

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/categories.html

HTH,

Jens
---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37