Re: The Pseudo-Image Kit v2.0pre2

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, jason andrade wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 1999, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
>
> >  - At the moment I've several binary-i386-1.iso.list files in
> >    various directories. But I don't know any more what's r0, r2 or r3.
> >    Would it be a big problem to include the version number in the
> >    filename of the images, like 21r3-binary-i386-1.iso ?
>
> yes. i'll shoot you if you do :-)

All the way from .au? ;-)

> one of the big wins with debian-cd has been if you're rsyncing to update
> cdimages using --partial - all you have to do is change a directory name
> and away you go.  it'll be more of a pain to go through every file and
> change all the names before running rsync over them.

Well, my experience with 2.1r0 -> 2.1r2 was that the pseudo-image way
was faster than just rsyncing over the 2.1r0 image. But that might be
different with other updates; i've not (yet?) tried 2.1r2 -> 2.1r3.

And of course I can always rename files myself ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer