RE: YACS-0.5 working nicely

On 15-Sep-99 Gunnar.Isaksson@saab.se wrote:
> I have tried YACS to produce potato CD:s and I get nice
> looking iso-images. It's just a pity I only have slink
> boot images on them.
>
> I have not yet dared to try these CD:s and would like to
> know if it's any point in trying? I'm worried about what
> will happen after the first reboot. Anyone with experience?

Not to worry, but you are correct, After the first reboot
you would be running slink; so the only required step (to get
you up to potato) would be to run apt, to upgrade your disk
BEFORE running dselect to finish the installation.

I put together some notes that should hopefully answer how to do it.
http://www.netnw.com/~jwest/potato-beta-notes.html

hope this helps.

---
Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
I get to work, flip the excuse page over:
  Free Radicals suspected, processing terminated".
Fair enough, looks like it's gointo be a good day.
E-Mail: Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
phone   425-392-0141
fax     425-557-0660                  Date: 15-Sep-99
URL     lcs.issaquah.wa.us            Time: 06:25:20
Random number = DC 49 E8 7E 76 DD 30 2D 8D F1 B4 D8 A3 60 4C 04