RE: YACS 0.3 is available => debian-cd ?

On 29-Jul-99 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hello,
>
> YACS 0.3 is ready here :
> http://pandora.debian.org/~hertzog/yacs/
>
> It does now build source CDs as well. Packages.cd are correctly generated
> on binary CD. README.1ST and README.$ARCH are generated when possible.
<snip>

Great! I will pick it up, and give it a try.

> I think it that this version of YACS features everything that is needed
> for beeing the official debian-cd script. That's why I propose that I
> rename YACS as debian-cd and that I upload it to potato. I've already
> checked the open bugs on debian-cd and slink_cd and corrected those
> I could in YACS. This way when i'll upload the package, all the bugs on
> slink_cd and debian-cd will/can be closed.
>
> Do you agree with me ?

Nope.

<IMHO>

- yacs is a fine name you should keep it.

- debian-cd already exists in cvs.

- potato is not frozen, and has no useable boot disks, so it
  would be hard to test the images that yacs creates.

- yacs depends on 'as yet not available code', (apt)
  it would make it kinda hard to package .. eh?

</IMHO>

> I'd appreciate any positive or negative feedback. Remember that you
still

I actually have not made a run with yacs as my ftp machine is still
on slink.  I will upgrade soon and try to give you better feedback.

I did get the apt from cvs to compile...thanks for the help!

Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>

I get to work, flip the excuse page over:
"Someone thought The Big Red Button was a light switch."
Fair enough, looks like it's gointo be a good day.
E-Mail: Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
phone   425-392-0141
fax     425-557-0660                  Date: 30-Jul-99
URL     lcs.issaquah.wa.us            Time: 03:39:39
Key fingerprint = DC 49 E8 7E 76 DD 30 2D 8D F1 B4 D8 A3 60 4C 04