Re: Ideas

Hi,

> First of all I'd like the authors of slink-cd to READ and UNDERSTAND
> the readme that comes with dpkg-multicd.
>
> If the authors of slink-cd would have placed the .cd files on *all*
> affected disks as it was proposed, the users won't have complained.
>
> Please copy the additional Packages files around and place them on
> every affected cd into a proper directory.

If I read all these mails I think that there is a communication problem
between all these authors of the different utilities... :-(((

I remember that this also was an issue about half a year before...

> > going to patch the dpkg-multicd method to insert a message in the Update
> > step itself, so people should now no longer be able to miss this. And to
> > fix the other source of confusion, I'll also add a warning that in many
> > cases a simple install will never use any disks subsequent to the first
> > one...
>
> I would appreciate if I - as the current maintainer and quartor-author
> of dpkg-multicd - would be informed before something is done.  Thanks!

I think there are some _REAL_ problems...

-> What can we do against that??

cu,
 gerhard

--
"We all know Linux is great...it does infinite loops in 5 seconds."
(Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amterdam