Re: Ideas

Le Thu, Jul 01, 1999 at 11:55:45PM +0200, Martin Schulze écrivait:
> I would appreciate if I - as the current maintainer and quartor-author
> of dpkg-multicd - would be informed before something is done.  Thanks!
>
> Apart from that, this is the wrong way - imho.  Please put the .cd files
> on all disks.  If people don't like multicd they can still use the
> regular cdrom method and use the regular Packages files.

AFAIK, the .cd file is on all cd but only contains the Packages
information for the CD itself and any preceding CD :

CD 1 lists packages on CD 1
CD 2 lists packages on CD 1 & 2
CD 3 lists packages on CD 1 & 2 & 3

This has been done so that one can use a CD set with non-free by simply
putting the non-free CD as the last CD instead of the second one ...

Otherwise the Packages.cd would have been different on the two main disk for
a set of disks with non-free ...

Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/