Re: What to do about the "Official" CD

Snap.

Just as I was downloading my mail this morning the same idea crossed my
mind, an image of "dailup" for starters.  Although I must admit the
password part hadn't crossed my mind.

There would need to be some introduction to select and prepare the
partition, but that should not be a problem.

It would also need to present some config options (gpm, mail, news, xf86
etc) on the first boot.  These could be simplified?  Must have a go at it
- time!

IMO all it would need is a butchered boot disk.  IIRK there is an attempt
to something like this on metelab under distributions, about 1996.

Phil.