Re: slink: Which directory am I supposed to install from?

On Wed, 26 May 1999 07:55:12 +0100 (BST), you wrote:
>On Tue, 25 May 1999, Marc Haber wrote:
>>Why are they named differently then? This is more than only mildly
>>confusing.
>
>To be honest, I didn't even know install.bat existed until now. boot.bat
>is created by my CD creation scripts at runtime. I'll fix this
>discrepancy.

Good :)

>>I have to apologize. Obviously, I must have made some funky mistake
>>last week. In fact, both /install and /dists..../disks-i386/current
>>seem to yield working systems with NCR support.
>
>That's better. What I think may have happened is you used (by mistake) a
>laptop kernel image, which is by necessity made smaller to work on
>laptops. To achieve this lots of drivers are removed, by the looks of it
>including the NCR SCSI driver.

I see. How might I have made that mistake? dboostrap doesn't ask which
kernel it should boot and/or install. boot.bat resp. install.bat both
have "linux" hard coded.

>>>Hmmm...
>>
>>If this way of doing an install is a non-option, it should be clearly
>>documented.
>
>In theory it should work.

It does now.

>OK... Probably best to file a bug against boot-floppies.
>That'll be boot-floppies again.
>And again.
>And again. :-)
>
>It might sound silly to open several different bugs against boot-floppies
>for these problems, but it's normally the easiest way for maintainers to
>track them...

I concur. Bugs are about to get out. Thanks for your assistance.

Greetings
Marc