Re: md5 needed?

On Fri, 2 Apr 1999, Tril wrote:

>I have made custom slink images with slink_cd-1.13, but the md5check and
>md5list take a long time and I don't personally need to verify that the
>files on my CD are the same ones on the official archive.  So I would like
>to make cds without md5sums files on them.  Would this cause a problem for
>dpkg?  What programs, if any, count on the indices/md5sums file being
>there?  Is it required?

No, not at all. It's recommended that you use md5check for CD images, but
if you're happy your mirror is OK then feel free to drop it. And md5list
is there purely as an aid for the end user, so feel free to drop that too
if you don't want it...

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
			"Whenever you eat, chew"