Re: slink_cd: still waiting on final boot/install setup

Michael Schmitz writes:

>> The sparc boot/install stuff is apprently sorted now, and the work needed
>> for this went into slink_cd yesterday. Thanks Steve, Eric and others. Can
>> somebody write a README.1ST.sparc on similar lines to the i386/m68k
>> versions please?
>
>Chris has written such a readme for m68k, at least I've seen it on
>m68k-build.

Yes, I have that already. It's spot on what we need. I'm looking for
equivalents for sparc/alpha now.

>> I've been sent docs and I know there are sets of boot disks with the m68k
>> people, but there's still no slink_cd support for them yet.
>
>What support is required for slink_cd? But that's Chris' cup of tea again.

Basically a set of shell commands to fill in the boot images - I have no
idea what needs to go where on the final disks, so it's easier if people
can send me patches for that bit of creation.

>I'm still working on the boot floppies but Chris had a prerelease version
>mastered last week so it's known to work :-)

Cool.

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------