NEWS for debian-boot

We're preparing for the 2.1.5 release of the boot-floppies package,
which will re-introduce the tecra kernels for x86 (aw!).  Also, the
package pre-selections mechanism has been made
cross-architecture-aware, and we have patched in m68k fixes.

There is still much work to be done on the Install Manual, so there
will be at least one release after 2.1.6 before freeze (if only to get
the new set of documentation).  Since the non-x86 boot-floppies are
rather lagging here, I'm sure there will be more than one, but I don't
speak for Enrique.

There are two main areas of concern for me with slink, aside from the
obvious stuff that has to be done.  The first is that I don't see
visible signs that the alpha and sparc people are working on the
boot-floppies or the CD set.  (I could also use heavy documentation
help from these camps).  I hope I'm overlooking actual activity, but I
doubt it.

The second major issue I see, which I hope we will resolve soon, is a
lack of coordination between the CD team, the boot floppies, the
Debian archive maintainers, Bob Hillard (doing the upgrade notes), and
the Debian webmaster.  An argument, I think, for an ecumenical Release
Tiger Team or some such?