Re: slink_cd 0.96

Idiot test #4

I am using my Debian archive which I brought up to date a few hours ago,
and slink_cd_0.96.

Slink1 CD v. nice.  Does everything it should.

dselect is another story.  The preselected systems, even the smallest,
fall over, dependency problems.  There is no indication of how this can be
solved, swapping discs etc.

Hand selection is better, but even here the dependency checking seems to
be weak.  No indication of the need to swap discs.

Idiots get lost at this stage as they follow their noses and even reading
the fm at this stage does not help.

I have salvaged the lists of packages for the preselected systems from one
install and will attempt to hammer them into slink_cd.

Phil.

Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818
For Debian GNU/Linux CDs see http://crash.ihug.co.nz/~philipc