Re: Debian slink CD images

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> On 15 Dec 1998, Kaz Sasayama wrote:
>
> >If it sounds interesting to you, I just have a small
> >undocumented Perl script that tries to make a subset binary
> >hierarchy by priority (and by dependency).  Its dependency
> >tracking code is still incomplete and does not handle
> >virtual package names at all, but I hope it can be
> >corrected.  One big problem with the script is you must
> >specify which optional packages belong in the subset.
> >
> >The script is now located at
> >
> >ftp://ftp.hypercore.co.jp/debian-private/debfilter.pl
>
> Cool. I'll have a look at that today. Although I'm not a perl hacker - if
> it's too obfuscated I may just rewrite in sh...

I have a shell script that selects files from the archive based on a
package list. I build the package list from the overrides file using awk
to select packages by priority. It starts with the .dsc files in the
source archive, gets the binary package names and the source name from the
.dsc file. If the package is in the list it is moved to the new archive
along with the source.

I am currently trying to get my mirror up-to-date so I can see how
"standard" separates out, and then look at optional and extra. The intent
was to put the source on the same CDs that contain the binaries, so
everyting is in "one" place.

The script is dirt simple and very slow (it goes through the package list
for every package it finds in the .dsc files) and generates a list of copy
commands that create the new sub-archive from the total archive.

Luck,

Dwarf