RE: Debian slink CD images

Steve,

OOOOHhhh, you have been busy !!!  This looks good, but I
am a dummy, and have a few questions...

Ok, so I thought I would take your script for a spin
around the block.  I unpacked the slink_cd_0_6_tar,
into /usr/src/slink_cd-0.6 , adjusted the values of
MIRROR, NONUS, and OUT, fired up the script (varoom)...

and got:
<snip>
     Disk 1
        Make directories
        Copy info file
        Create tree
     cp: dists/slink/main/binary-all/admin: No such file or directory
     cp: dists/slink/main/binary-all: No such file or directory
     cp: dists/slink/main/binary-all/base: No such file or directory
<snip>

Looking closer....I think the culprit is somewhere around the statement:

     echo "   Create tree"
      for dir in `cat slink$i-list`
       do
        (cd $MIRROR ; cp -pRPl $dir $MIRROR/local/slinkc
         d/slink$i)
       done

As I can not see where $dir could do me any good (as I put the script into
/usr/src/slink_cd-0.6, and $dir would be that directory)....I thought I
would ask your guidance....

Q.  Should the slink_cd-0.6 script be in any specific directory ????

    Perhaps $MIRROR/local ??

Thanks,
Jim Westveer
*** Fatal Error: Found [MS-Windows],
repartitioning Disk for Linux ...
Jim Westveer ------------- jwest@netnw.com
phone -------------------- 425-392-0141
http://www.netnw.com

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~stevem/DebianCD/slink_cd_0.6.tar.bz2

Comments and suggestions welcome, as always. I think the default layout
I've got here is reasonabley sensible; what do other people think?

I was looking at using Tom Lees' multiple image selector program on the
CDs, but I'm having problem getting ito work just yet so for now the
options are the same as for hamm: normal image on CD#1 and the Tecra image
on CD#2.

The only thing(s) holding me back from producing copies of these images
onto gold CD now are:

1. broken boot-floppies (dinstall doesn't work here).
2. the libc 6 recompilation needed.

--
Steve McIntyre, stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk The Unix world's best mod
player