Re: Selector / multiple CD boot images

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Tom Lees wrote:

>On Thu, Dec 03, 1998 at 05:04:56PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>>
>> Tom, just looking through your "Misc Debian hacks and patches" page at
>> http://www.lpsg.demon.co.uk/debian/misc.html. I'm very impressed by the
>> code/patches you've come up with and I'm playing with them now. This could
>> make the Debian slink CDs a lot easier/more friendly if we can have
>> several boot images selectable from a boot menu. The patched mkhybrid you
>> have also makes a significant part of my script (flattening sym-links)
>> obsolete, which is no bad thing!
>>
>> If I can get this to work reliably, I'll be using these for the slink_cd
>> script...
>
>If you can't, please tell me, I'll try and fix it. I will try to improve/
>enhance the CD selector soon, it's a bit simple at the moment (only
>~200 lines of NASM code IIRC).

The first one I tried didn't seem to work too well. The BIOS seemed to
start the CD boot then stopped with a blank screen and flashing cursor..
I'm checking to make sure I followed the instructions properly...

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,                 +------------------