Re: debian-cd Mailing list

Gerhard Poul wrote:
> > We already have debian-cd@lists.debian.org.  Originally this list was
> > intended to carry announcements for official CD images and stuff.  We
> > have decided that this kind of stuff goes into debian-announce or
> > debian-news.
>
> but the description of the mailing list is
>
> This list is used to make announcements to CD vendors.
>
> ????
>
> why??? Will this be changed in the future???

Yes, it will.  We've just decided to change it.  There have not been
announcements lately but only questions wrt debian cd's.  Announcements
will go to debian-announce in the future.

> > This means, that whoever is interested in creating Debian CD roms should
> > subscribe to debian-cd-REQUEST@lists.debian.org.  This is done by sending a mail
> > to debian-cd@lists.debian.org with the word "subscribe" in the message
> > body.
>
> think it's the other way... write subscribe to
> debian-cd-REQUEST@lists.debian.org and you subscribe to
> debian-cd@lists.debian.org :)

Indeed.  Blame me...

> the other debian-cd developer will also join the list... is it possible to
> get web space somewhere on debian.org like www.debian.org/debian-cd/ or
> something like this for documentation purposes (it would be important to
> have www.debian.org because it wouldn't be mirrored if not...)

Please contact the web team, either through debian-www@lists or through
webmaster@debian.org.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum