Re: I don't think I've ever gotten Jigdo working

At 02:00 AM 1/27/2003 +1000, jason andrade wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, bob parker wrote:

> Out of curiosity can you download a full cd iso on a dialup connection that
> is dropped every 4 hours using wget?
>
> At the very least you have to find a site that supports resume.

isn't resume supported by most ftp servers nowadays ?  and/or isn't
resume support part of the http 1.1 spec ? i'm not too sure about
the latter, but i was sure apache supported it.

regards,

-jason

I saw this subject on :

http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/

and found a shareware program "GetRight" to investigate it. This program has advice screens that indicate if a web site supports "resume." I concluded that many sites running M$ II$ have not turned on "resume." Further advice and opinion are welcome.

Regards, Gordon