Re: inconsistencies in bts-link Debian BTS usertags?

> Most of the issues are usertags that only differ by case, for eg:
>
> resolution-duplicate
> resolution-Duplicate
>
> There are some usertags that only differ by dashes or case and dashes:
>
> resolution-INSUFFICIENT-DATA
> resolution-INSUFFICIENTDATA
>
> There are also some tags that seem to miss some information:
>
> status--
> status-Merged---Pending-Release
> resolution--
>
> There are also some similar tags that use different words:
>
> status-NEEDSINFO
> status-Needs-Information
>
> There are also some tags that differ only in plurality:
>
> status-NEEDINFO
> status-NEEDSINFO

there's a bit more nuance than that: we usually just take what the
upstream issue tracking system uses for tracking their tickets status;
using the last example, "NEEDINFO" could be the status for a bugzilla
instance (for example) while "NEEDSINFO" is the status on a Jira
instance (for example).

we do have specific mappings for important statuses, like the ones
that mark a bug as closed, but not for all intermediate ones (which
can be many, and oftentimes customizable, like Jira or Phabricator,
where you can define your own states workflows).

Is there a specific reason you want to harmonize the usertags? they
are most likely all transient until a bug is closed (either because
fixed or wontfix).

Regards,
--
Sandro "morph" Tosi